Skip to main content

Have you tried a twitter party?

I open tweetdeck and the host's twitter page when I chat
I meet a range of people who are lost on twitter, others just don't want to bother and others who are on the fringes.  The ones who casually participate I find are curious about twitter chats but do not know how to participate - soooooo, I made a video.

Some thoughts before watching the video, the second half of the video is just watching me participate in the twitter chat.  It's to give you an idea of how particpate.  Also, #momchat is a great twitter chat to start with.  It's every Tuesday at noon (eastern standard time).  The chatters are welcoming and we have some who don't have kids and we have Dads participate too.


You will likely come across sponsored chats, they are usually for one hour and are not repeats.  These chats do not encourage discussions, most people are there to win a prize.

Once you find a chat that is in your market - you'll most likely have fun, establish yourself as credible and sometimes get to host a chat.


Comments

  1. I have a great community of chatters I network with through my storenvy store. We talk about all sort of important business things including ethics, adding value, customer service and even about what makes us tick and stand out from the crowd. I really enjoy the ones I get to participate in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been checking out storenvy - that is a neat concept - I'm thinking of trying it out

      Delete
  2. Once, almost by accident, I got into a great chat with other mediators. I never succeeded in recreating that experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. almost by accident? That sounds like an interesting story. I admit there are some hit or miss twitter chats but I find if you attend regularly, it becomes virtual networking.

      Delete
  3. I've only participate in 2 Twitter chats, but I enjoyed meeting the people and sharing information. That's a great idea to post a video on how to participate. I'm sure many people see these in their feeds but have no idea what they are or how to get involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have found some tweeters on the outskirts of twitter parties but never jump fully in - I think because they feel a bit loss, hence the video.

      Delete
  4. Great info!!! I'm new to twitter so this was extremely helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. I have a intro to twitter video as well if you are interested.

      Delete

Post a Comment