Skip to main content

A video advertisement for a blog post

I'm in a video e-course Zero to Video Hero, to get you comfortable being in front of a camera.  Many of you probably know I do a lot of videos on youtube.  If you have seen them you'd know, I rarely put my face in them.  This challenge has been an experience because I've had to put my face up there everyday.

Simply put, the program, asks you a question each day and you give a video answer.  The video must be under three minutes.  You then post your video in a private video group.  Sometimes I get responses for my video but most of the time I look at other videos and see how they are performing the challenge. 

During one of the challenges, we were told to make a list.  'A list?' I thought scratching my head.  So I watched some of the other videos first and found many animations.  I also discovered a new program called Animoto that gives you a free 30 second video.  I then remembered a post I made about 10 ways to shake bad juju.  I knew I couldn't list 10 in 30 seconds, but four is doable.  I did and found I still had more room, so I added text so one could go to my blog. 


I thought the video came out fantastic and bonus ... it was advertising a blog posting.  This was not my intention, but I thought, wow, what a great tool to keep your old posts fresh.  The video is below, I hope you enjoy.


Comments

  1. great idea! I am wondering about videos in addition to everything i do. I am not comfortable in front of the camera either. This is a fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the photos - this took less than a half hour. Their free account only allows you a 30 sec spot

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!! I have been planning on doing a video for a long time, but hate to see myself on camera!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too but check out the zero to video hero program - it's all about making you feel comfortable in front of the camera. The nice thing about this video is that you can just use pictures and it doesn't have to include you.

      Delete
  3. SO COOL! I love this! You did a super nice job putting this together ... and what a GREAT idea to cross platforms and link back to a post! You've inspired me, I totally need to do something like this. Also, I think you would be a total natural in front of the camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! - It was one of those ah-ha moments. And very simple to do.

      Delete

Post a Comment