Skip to main content

A Simple Halloween Invitation How-to

Simple and Quick Halloween Invites



Each year we throw a Halloween Party for our kids friends.  We have two big strains, new ideas to spook people in our basement haunted house and .... the invitations. My kids insist on making them and frankly the cost for invitations can be pricey when you are inviting more than the 8 pack.  To get our invitations done in quickly but with some flair I used some scrapbooking tools.

Ingredients:
Halloween Paper Punch Edging
2 sided Halloween Scrapbooking paper
Halloween fonts - do an online search
Computer paper
Edging Scissors

If you're a scrap booker, you probably have all these already.  If not, you can find them in any craft store.  The most expensive is the paper punch.  If it's beyond your budget, use the edging scissors which you can pick up fairly reasonably.  Then after the holiday, look for it on clearance :)

Directions:
Cut scrapbook paper to the size you want.  You can go for 5" x 7" to fit into an envelop but these invites could be handed out on their own.

Use the Paper Punch Edging on one end of the paper.



Print up the invite

Use the edging scissors for  invite

Glue it on to the side that doesn't have the pic you want to show off and you're done.

Check out my video for some other great tips.
(still in editing phase - but will have up by the end of the day :) )

Comments

  1. These are adorable! I may have to have a Halloween party just so I get to make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute! I love homemade cards & invitations! They are so much more personal. I will definitely have to remember to make my own the next time an occasion arises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, and I think more excitement in getting them. Almost like getting a present.

      Delete
  3. Will we get to hear bout the basement haunted house too?

    I'm loving the invites, but my mind keeps wondering what will be next...

    We don't have Halloween, but I could use the tips to make birthday invites as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to have haunted houses though, right? I would imagine you have so much older houses than we do and probably some great stories to go with them. I got videos of some of our pop-outs for the haunted house but I'm still not very good at filming in the dark. I'll think about this one :)

      Delete
  4. I love your Halloween invites! I wish you were around my house when I need to send out invites. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's so much nicer when the kids make them instead of me LOL

      Delete
  5. These are really great and simple to do! Oh, and I think some haunted house ideas would be fun...hint hint! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember seeing the edging punch before. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With our boys grown up and living on their own and us living in an apartment building, we no longer celebrate Halloween (which I kind of miss). I could have used your guidance back in the day for February 14th when we had to come up with Valentine's Day cards for everyone in each boy's class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute stuff! Wish I had kids so I could use this! But I love seeing it and reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. I love the idea of the personally made invitations. So cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can easily see how making cards with scrapbooking tools can be addictive. I've only done so once with a student who brought in her aunt's huge kit so we could make invitations for a school function. It was fun and the end-result more better than what can be found in a store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lordy, yes it's addicting and makes an incredible mess.

      Delete
  11. My sister is a scrapbooker. I think I will pass this post on as the invites look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment